The Get-Post option...

shaosean at unitz.ca shaosean at unitz.ca
Mon Feb 16 23:17:31 EST 2004

> I believe it does.  But this opens up another question... using FTP

http uploads bypasses the need for ftp..

> to upload files, wouldn't that mean my program would have to have my
> username and password built into it?  Doesn't sound like a very

no user/password required (unless you wanted)..

> if I do anything where I must set the file permissions to
> "read/write" it could open up a very serious security hole.  My web

depending on the operating system your web host is running (if it's a
unix flavour or a winNT-type OS) you can always have them set the
directory to write only (no read, no execute) and this would stop people
from running programs..

> As for moving a file from the TEMP folder, can this also be done from
> .php?

yup.. and you have to, otherwise the file in the TEMP folder is deleted
once your php script is done running..

> Can the TEMP folder be read as any other URL can?

not usually.. if your hosting place allows for it then yes, but usually
it's only readable from the server end (ie. php) and not the client end
(ie. MSIE, opera)

-Sean

ps.. again, feel free to contact me off-list if there's something that
you need help with..