The Get-Post option...

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 16 08:30:23 EST 2004

>I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of "post". POST sends a
>request in POST-format to a url, e.g. a CGI app.
>I think what you are looking for is an FTP upload?
>
>put userList into url "ftp://www.someurl.com/list.txt"
>
>OR
>
>If you had a CGI that adds a name, you could do something like:
>
>get url "http://www.someurl.com/list.cgi?name="&urlEncode(newUserName)
>
>>  post userList to url "http://www.someurl/list.txt"

Yes the whole POST command in MC is not very well documented.  So I
was guessing as to what it did.  I figured if GET could get the
contents of a web page or text file, then perhaps POST would in
effect create one.  Guess not.

Actually I have not done one thing as yet... which is to surf the net
for CGI scripts for this...

It sounds like they do exist.

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--