Intelligent Agents......

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 19:39:56 EST 2004

Hello Richmond Mathewson,

> I am in the process of submitting a Master's
> proposal at the University of Abertay with a
> view to doing research into intelligent agents
> for teaching xTalk to teachers......

Very interesting project, Rich. I did some
undergraduate studies in AI at the Univ of Toronto.
I've been working on the idea of xCard-based agents
for years now. It has also been a subject of *many*
exchanges on the HyperCard list. So I would be pleased
if you could keep us abreast on your progress.

Btw, I created an AI-based tutoring system with 5
levels of interaction (demo, tutorial, CBT, coaching,
formative and summative evaluations). Moreover, the
system's goal was to teach HyperTalk to teachers. I
did this back in 1992. It's still around, but much of
it has drifted into bugginess, and I have learned so
much since then, that I am a bit embarassed to release
it as it is. I could give you some tips though.

If there is a LOT of interest in this group for
MC-based agents .. I mean people REALLY interested and
willing to dedicate some time to it .. then, who
knows, I may just launch an initiative with y'all to
make our xCards into the very-best environment for
agent research/development the World has ever seen!
The kicker: contracts for cash, work-from-home kinda
deal.

Entrepreneurially yours,  ;-)

Alain F