Stripped down version of the stack mctools

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 24 06:18:05 EST 2004

Hi Richard,

Thanks a lot for answering this question! :-)

Richar Gaskin wrote:

> Sounds like a lot of work.
> Setting up the MC IDE is not trivial
> (at least on OS X) and when you're done
> all you have is the MC IDE. ;)

But, Could i get permission
to modify the IDE, by deleting
some stacks or translating to spanish
some labels?

I want to simplify as much as i can
the user experience of editing the
content and appareance of these stacks.

If i could, i'll like to make this process as
foolproof as possible.

Teachers will be only able to add images,
text, change colors, draw graphics...
not editing or reading the scripts that drives
the interactions provided by the stacks...

> Why not just make your own player?

I already did. By the way, i opened a copy
of mctools in my player and noticed that
it do not ask for the home stack...
and opened as an editable stack.

I started to delete some stacks and reduced its
size from 965 kb to 653 kb. It still works ok, as
i'm able to create stacks, save them, etc, etc...
all within the player...

Now to customize still more this stack mctools,
i'll like to add some special info to the stack
everytime a teacher saves them: an encoded
version of a md5digest added as a custom property.

The player, later will match this custom
property with the md5digest of the data to get
sure it has not been modified.

Could this scheme works fine, as i had described it?

Thanks for your help!

al

=====
Visit my site: