Display of groups in Control Browser

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Dec 17 21:55:18 EST 2004

Sorry, my latest insight concerning the "number of" and "value of" - I
do not intend to annoy you permanently.

In Monte's test example "test 1" it would be sufficient
 to add one line "put the value of test into test" to secure a proper
functioning of the script:

"on mouseUp
  -- test 1
  put the number of layers of this cd into test
  put the value of test into test # this is the new line
  put "Test 1"&cr&test&cr
  subtract 1 from item -1 of test
  put test&cr after msg"

This means, that in the refresh script of the Control Browser you need
not substitute each instance of the "number of layers" by "the value of
the number of layers", but must only add one single line in this part of
the "refresh script":

"if word 1 of the name of control i is "group" then
       if pad is empty
       then
         put the number of layers in control i into groupcontrols
         put the value of groupcontrols into groupcontrols  # this is
the new line"
         etc.

Apart from my own different solution described earlier (using the long
ID property), with this addition the Control Browser works like with
engine versions before 2.6.1 (tested on WindowsXP).

However, I think we hope for a fix of this bug with the next engine version.

-- Wilhelm Sanke
<www.sanke.org>