Display of groups in Control Browser

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Dec 15 23:03:07 EST 2004

Thanks, Richard, for your feedback and comments.

"MisterX" <b.xavier at internet.lu> wrote:

> Oh, about 282 downloads according to my ControlsN2O (controlsbrowser for
> runrev) stack downloads!
>
> But I never got affected by this bug so im wondering about the differences
> in the engines or how you induce the bug...
>
> cheers
> Xavier

Xavier, I regret to state this, but you *are* affected like all others
that use the "pad"-routine in their browsers.
I tested this.--

"Monte Goulding" <monte at sweattechnologies.com> wrote:

> I ran into this one when working on one of my new creations. It seems that
> something other than an integer is placed into the variable using "the
> number of layers". Try this one:
>
> create a new stack with button:
>
> on mouseUp
>   -- test 1
>   put the number of layers of this cd into test
>   put "Test 1"&cr&test&cr
>   subtract 1 from item -1 of test
>   put test&cr after msg
>   -- test 2
>   put the value of the number of layers of this cd into test
>   put "Test 2"&cr&test&cr after msg
>   subtract 1 from item -1 of test
>   put test after msg
> end mouseUp
>
> you should see:
> Test 1
> 1
> 1
> Test 2
> 1
> 0
>
> Odd hey! I've added this to the bug report.
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte

Thanks Monte,

first thing I tried was to add "the value of" to all instances of
"number of layers" in the refresh handler.
This is really a working workaround. All group controls, nested or not,
are now indented properly.

It is surprising that the "negative" result occurs only after you have
used "subtract" in one of the following script lines.
Seems to me WA (Wouter) had the correct feeling that "subtract" was
somehow involved.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<www.sanke.org>