Display of groups in Control Browser

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Dec 15 16:43:47 EST 2004

>If it's an engine bug, it's of interest to the keepers of the engine.
>Once we can pin down which line(s) in MC's Control Browser are at play
>we should be able to provide exactly what the need to do to address it.
>Moreoever, if it's truly an engine bug there's more at stake than just
>the MC IDE -- any script that uses a similar method to derive a list of
>controls will be similarly affected.

I ran into this one when working on one of my new creations. It seems that
something other than an integer is placed into the variable using "the
number of layers". Try this one:

create a new stack with button:

on mouseUp
  -- test 1
  put the number of layers of this cd into test
  put "Test 1"&cr&test&cr
  subtract 1 from item -1 of test
  put test&cr after msg
  -- test 2
  put the value of the number of layers of this cd into test
  put "Test 2"&cr&test&cr after msg
  subtract 1 from item -1 of test
  put test after msg
end mouseUp

you should see:
Test 1
1
1
Test 2
1
0

Odd hey! I've added this to the bug report.

Cheers

Monte