moving stack

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sun Dec 12 10:45:22 EST 2004

>>open stack xyz
>>set the loc of stack xyz to cd fld someField of stack savePreferences
>>
>-- switch the order is what i find helpful. i ran into this before.
>
>andrew

Trouble I'm running into is that it remembers the wrong coordinates.
When I save the coordinates for future reference, somehow Metacard is
calculating the titlebar into it.  When I save the loc of the stack,
it saves the loc, but when I close/open the stack and reset it to the
saved loc, it is opening at a location slightly higher than the
location that was supposed to be saved.  Just enough to assume the
titlebar is the culprit.

I can't find anything anywhere about the height of the titlebar to
take it into account and open to the new location accordingly.

set the loc of stack xyz to the savedLoc - the titlebar height

That's what would fix it, but that doesn't exist.

I did however discover that one of the cards seems to have gotten
larger than the stack size.  Don't know how and the card sizes never
change.  It opens at the proper stack size but when I get the rect of
the card versus the rect of the stack, there is a HUGE difference.
(More than the differential of the savedLocation issue.)

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com