webcolour slider

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Dec 9 22:45:30 EST 2004

Hi Simon,

> I'm looking for a slider that can display webcolours (hex) in a fld as
> the user drags it along from end to end.
>
> Anything like this out in the wild?

hmm, this might be able with just one very smart script, but i have
always been very
weak in maths so i would suggst just a (dirty) trick :-)

Create a list of all available hex color values and store it in a
customprop of a scrollbar...
Then set the startvalue to 1 and the endvalue to the num of lines of
that customprop of that
scrollbar and maybe you can guess the script of the scrollbar right now
;-)

on scrollbardrag what
   put line what of the h_colors of me into fld "eyes only"
end scrollbardrag

:-)

Hope that helps.

> Sincerely,
> Simon

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de

P.S.
Here you will find a list of these colors, ready to copy ;-)

http://www.mich-tipps.de/modules.php?name=PHP-
Nuke_Tools&file=index&func=Color

Drop a line if you also would like to colorize a graphic with the
scrollbar at the same time...
I, personally, would find only seeing the hex value way too boring ;-)