GUIs, Alain Farmer, Open Source and RR

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Fri Dec 3 12:48:34 EST 2004

Dear Metacarders,
  I am sure that most of you read both my message on the RR
use list and the pile-driving that went on afterwards.
Unfortunately I gave some offence to some people: a thing I
had not intended to do - BUT:

I am not developing a GUI for money

I do not want anybody else to make money out of my work

I did ask RR for help over my MSc thesis and got none

I do not have the money to pay for web storage for about 50
MB - and all the 'FREE' places appear to be either not Free
or hedged round with caveats such as "no SIT or ZIP files".

I would love to release my MSc project as open source if
somebody could help me with web storage space and help me
make sure that my work is as safe as can be expected under
the circumstances.

I am emigrating from the UK to Bulgaria (how cool can you
get ???) on 15 December so everything around me is all
pear-shaped just at present: but I agree completely with
Alain - - - autres cours, autre moeurs (pardonnez mon
francais excrable).

My GUI is actually the distillation of ideas I have
formulated as a teacher over a 15 year period and it needs
to get out into the open.......

Love, Richmond

See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html    and