Field won't stay on top of player

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Dec 3 18:54:43 EST 2004

Hi Scott,

> Recently, Klaus Major wrote:
>
>>> Using MC 2.5, I am unable to place a field on top of a player
>>> control.
>>> Regardless of how I arrange the layers, the player appears on top.
>>>
>>> Is this what others experience? I'd like to be able to show a PDF
>>> file
>>> in the player control on Mac OSX, and have an editable field on top
>>> of
>>> it to make annotations, "fill in" a PDF form, etc. Any ideas for
>>> workarounds?
>>
>> set the "alwaysbuffer" of that player to true, otherwise QT will
>> always
>> be on top :-)
>
> Note that performance of the player may degrade when its alwaysBuffer
> is set
> to true.

That's true, but since animations in PDF files are quite rare, that
will probably
work for David ;-)

> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, Development & Design
> -----
> E: scott at tactilemedia.com
> W: http://www.tactilemedia.com

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de

P.S.
Off topic!!

I installed the new OSX security update yesterday and the animation
when doing
"go xyz/answer etc. as sheet" is gone and not only in RR/MC but in ALL
os windows...

Boom! sheet is there...?

Anyone else noticed this, or am i cursed (as usual)?