feature request for IDE

ambassador at fourthworld.com ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Aug 1 16:19:52 EDT 2004

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 04:01:01 -0500 Chipp Walters wrote:

> I'd vote YES for this as well.
>
> Klaus Major wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > i would like to vote for a nice (Windoze only) feature in the MC IDE:
> >
> > Is it possible to make the "MetaCard Menu Bar" stack behave like the
> > "revMenubar"?
> >
> > I mean make it "iconify-able" (?) ;-)
> > With the appropriate scripts in the stack?
> >
> > It is really annoying NOT to be able to hide ALL MC windows at once on
> > windoze,
> > you have to iconify EVERY single window by itself...

Agreed that it would be convenient, but it's worth noting that the
current implementation pretty much conforms to the Win HIG.  It seems
what we're really looking for is MDI, so I'll happily go along with this
enhancement on two conditions:

1. There's a detailed spec from Ken for an MDI implementation in Bugzilla
(I'd give you the URL but I'm away from my main computer and without my
bookmarks I'm hosed -- I can find no direct link into Bugzilla at
runrev.com anymore).  Please consider voting for it.  We Transcript folks
do a LOT of truly funky things to work around not having MDI. Let's see
if we can migrate from kludges to real solutions.

2. Please work out the behavior as you like it and email me the handler
so I can included it in an upcoming build.

- rg/4w