erroneous error codes

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 22 16:06:37 EDT 2004

On 4/22/04 9:57 AM, Wouter wrote:

> Some observations which may be of some help:
>
> Using an error producing button the
>
> Object: property is not  an integer
> Object: value is not boolean (true or false)
>
> errormessage is produced every time one opens and closes a scripteditor
> (just opening and closing, no editing).
>
> I changed the errorDialog handler of the frontscript in the  btn
> "newobj"  first to catch the which parameter.
> If the wrong error message is produced then the which parameter contains:
>
> 354,0,0
> 352,0,0
> 354,0,0
> 352,0,0
> 354,0,0
> 352,0,0
> 354,0,0
> 352,0,0
> 354,0,0
> 352,0,0
> 354,0,0
> 352,0,0
> .
> .
> < from 28 to 136 times the above lines>

Yes, I saw the same thing with the same repeating codes.

> .
> .
> 89,2,10,2
> 95,2,10
> 466,2,1
> 241,2,1,mouseUp
> 353,0,0,button id 1003 of card id 1002 of stack
> "/Volumes/Stashville/Teststacks/metacard_error_tester.mc"
>
> The last 5 lines of which contain the right parameters.
>
>  I am test running a workaround to the errordialog with no problems up
> to now.
>
> on errorDialog which
>    if length(which) > 5 then put line -5 to -1 of which into which  ###
> the change
>   set the executionerror of card 1 of stack "Execution Error" to which
>   modeless "Execution Error"
>   send "refresh" to card 1 of stack "Execution Error"
> end errorDialog

I'll try it too, though I don't think it changes the guts of the
execution error stack's card script. That script takes the same
parameters and chops off all but the last 100 lines; you've shortened it
to 5 but the effect is still the same. That is, the last item in the
list becomes the topmost error in the dialog we see. I could easily be
missing something though.

It still doesn't explain why the same old IDE is producing new errors
though. That makes me think that Tuviah changed something in the way the
engine reports errors.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com