Plug ins in MC 2.6b1 and other questions

Dr.John R.Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Wed Apr 21 11:36:25 EDT 2004

Metacardians,
   I see that the new MC IDE 2.6 has a plug-ins menu.  Having never used
one, what constitutes a plug-in?  Is it just a main stack that serves a
particular function?  It is anything other than a stack being put in
use, or do all scripts and properties of the plug-in stack become
available to the stack using the plug-in?  Do the plug-in properties
apply only within the IDE, or do they migrate automagically to
stand-alones?

   And, more generally, how are we to distinguish between properties,
procedures and functions of the engine, the MC IDE, and the RR IDE?
Should we (yes us) be updating the MC help files so that they reflect
the engine and the MC IDE?  As it stands now, one is forced to use the
RR documentation for new features of the engine amidst a plethora of RR
IDE specific stuff.  RR staff could help if all engine additions and
changes were published as such, distinct from RR IDE specific changes.
--
John R. Vokey, PhD
Professor