erroneous error codes

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Apr 18 20:44:56 EDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> (snip)
> >> Using the older engine does not produce this issue, but Tuv tells
> me the
> >> error codes have not changed.  Obviously something has, so if any
> of you
> >> have some insight it'll help save some time in getting this addressed.
> >>

> I get the same thing, and it is driving me nuts. I assumed the codes had
> changed and that we could just dump in the new ones to fix it. If that
> isn't true, I'm not sure what to do from here.

and

on Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:20:30 - Californian standard time - Richard
Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote in replay to my post
"Predefined data in Standalone Builder?":

> (snip)
> Thanks for the report!
>
> Do you have anything to report on the error issue?  That one's so
> annoying a few of us have gone back to engine v2.5.1 for daily work
> until we can resolve it.

With the risk of being redundant here is what I can contribute:

"errordialog" appears in three places of the MC_IDE

1. button "File" of Metacard Menu Bar

on errorDialog
  close stack "Saving"
  unlock error dialogs
  pass errorDialog
 end errorDialog

2. button "newobj" of menubar

on errorDialog which
   set the executionerror of card 1 of stack "Execution Error" to which
   modeless "Execution Error"
   send "refresh" to card 1 of stack "Execution Error"
 end errorDialog

3. script of stack "execution error"

 on errorDialog which
   put which
   set the executionerror of card 1 of stack "Execution Error" to which
   modeless "Execution Error"
   send "refresh" to card 1 of stack "Execution Error"
 end errorDialog

"Errordialog" itself is not defined anywhere in the IDE, so what "which"
could contain cannot be found here.

Errordialog is indeed defined in the engine (make a textsearch of the
engine with a word processor), which means that contrary to what
Jacqueline quoted from Tuviah (see above) there must have been changes
with respect to error codes in the engine.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke