MC IDE 2.6b1 released

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Apr 17 18:27:36 EDT 2004

Ken Ray wrote:
> Thanks for releasing this Richard!
>
> One thing, though... now that the 2.6 engne has XP look and feel, the IDE
> looks kind of strange in Windows XP (menus and buttons are too big or seem
> to hilite "wierdly"). I'm not sure what to do about this (since we don't
> want to affect the other platforms), but just thought you should know.

The IDE always looked weird on anything but XWindows. ;)

I wouldn't mind an initiative to give it a minor facelift -- who's up
for that?

Ideally it would be:

- cosmetic only, at least in a first pass, maintaining the
   mandate to keep behaviorial changes minimal

- use the same layout on all platforms

- Could set the textFont and textSize of the mainstack, but
   preferably not individual controls (to make it easy to
   change later if desired)

What meaningful things could be addressed within those params?
And who wants to do it?