Problem unlocking MC with MC_IDE

M. en T.E. Alejandro Diaz Infante linux at enmac.net
Sun Apr 11 14:16:42 EDT 2004

Hi

I recently received my MetaCard unlock code, to continue using it even after
the Revolution era!

I renamed revolution.x86 for mc, and the code unlocks MC 2.5.1 Linux without
any hiccups.

However, I got a problem with the MC_IDE file. I downloaded MC_IDEv2.51.sit
-and also had to download StuffIt for Linux, sit files are not common around
here-, but mchome.mc seems to dislike something.

After copying the files included in MC_IDEv2.51 to the MC directory, MetaCard
appears unlicensed. No prob -I thought- So I do Help/Licensing/Accept. Cool!
only 3 fields to fill: Name, organization and key. I fill them all, but MC
rejects it "Key does not match licensing information, or has expired. Check
the information and retry". Well, I checked and re-checked, but no unlocking
happens.

What am I missing?

Puzzled,

Alex.