New Rev engine to MC IDE conversion help needed

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Apr 2 01:54:37 EST 2004

Mark Talluto wrote:

> Is there a set of instructions on how to make the current Rev engine
> work with the MC 2.5 IDE?
> Are they compatible or do I need an updated MC IDE as well?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

The MC IDE is in the final stages of being updated for Rev v2.2.  Monte
has generously donated his time to update the MC Standalone Builder
(thank you Monte!), and the new Plugins Manager should be done next week.

In the meantime you can use the Rev engine for everything except
standalone building:  just download Rev 2.2, and rename the app "mc.exe"
for Win, "MetaCard" for Mac Classic, and for OS X you move
Revolution.app/Contents/MacOS/Revolution to
MetaCard.app/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard

If a warning appears noting a version mismatch just ignore it.  Scott
used to update the IDE with each release of the engine, but now that
they're on separate tracks the version check will be modified to only
notify you if running an engine version older than the IDE requires.
I'll include both the old and new Standalone Builders in the next build,
so the IDE as a whole should work with all versions of MC from 2.4.2
through 2.6 (Rev 2.2).