Is-a-stack test

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Sun Sep 28 14:27:01 EDT 2003

>The test is needed to establish if a file is mc/rr as opposed to other file
>formats before opening it. Looks like the detailedFiles is the answer.

My thanks to RG at 4W via K at ST... A function that returns the Mac fileType of a
file:

function fwMacFileType pPath
  local tSaveDir, tShortFileName, tFileList, tLine, tType
  put the directory into tSaveDir
  set the itemdel to "/"
  put the last item of pPath into tShortFileName
  delete last item of pPath
  set the directory to pPath
  put the detailed files into tFileList
  put lineoffset(cr&urlEncode(tShortFileName)&comma, cr&tFileList&comma)into
tLine
  if tLine > 0 then
    set the itemdel to comma
    put last item of line tLine of tFileList into tType
  end if
  set the directory to tSaveDir
  return tType
end fwMacFileType

For MC, the type&creator is "MCRDMSTK", and for Rev it's "REVORSTK"

Very neat.

/H
Hugh Senior
The Flexible Learning Company
Consultant Programming & Software Solutions
Fax/Voice: +44 (0)1483.27 87 27
Email: mailto:h at flexibleLearning.com
Web: www.flexibleLearning.com