GIF doesn't display properly

kweto nrkweto03 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 28 10:30:01 EDT 2003

> Just a short guess: Maybe you set your monitor to 256 colors (8 Bit)?

Thanks, Klaus, but that's not it.

In fact, the behaviour's gotten even curiouser and curiouser since my post
yesterday. Went to bed last night, woke up, started tinkering on a different
gif-handling stack, and, sh-bam!, the same gif that was yesterday was
all-blue on that other stack is today displaying perfectly fine on this
different stack..

So, now my tentative conclusion is that the problem appears stack-related.
And yet, why would two stacks that rely on an image object's file-path to
display GIFs mysteriously result in the *same* GIF with the *same* path
being displayed so differently ? Hmmm.... Oh well, if this one remains a
mystery forever, I can live with that. Maybe.

Cheers,

Nicolas Cueto