Unlock Screen Visual Effect Broken?

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Fri Sep 26 05:01:00 EDT 2003

Scott Rossi writes:

> Hey Folks:
>
> I was curious if anyone else can confirm that unlock screen + visual effects
> is broken on Windows MC2.5.  I have two machines here on which I tried:
>
> on mouseUp
>     lock screen
>     if the vis of btn 1 then
>         hide btn 1
>     else show btn 1
>     unlock screen with visual dissolve
> end mouseUp
>
> ...along with several other visual effects, and no effect is visible when
> the button is hidden/shown.
>
> The above works fine for me on MC2.4.2 Win and on MC2.5 Mac systems.
>
> ???
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
++++++++++++++++++

MC 2.5 build number 1, Win2000

I put btn1, btn2, and fld1 onto a card
btn 2 script:

on mouseUp
  lock screen
  put the vis of btn 1 into fld 1

  if the vis of btn 1 then
    hide btn 1
  else show btn 1

  unlock screen with visual effect dissolve

end mouseUp

Worked as expected. with each click of bt2, fld1 text cycled between true
and false with dissolve, and btn1 cycled between visible and invisible with
dissolve.

miscdas