[ANN] IDE Development Option

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Sep 12 13:45:01 EDT 2003

Recently, "Richard Gaskin"  wrote:

>> I went ahead tried to do something, for better or worse.

> What would it take to enhance it to also work on substacks?  While some have
> expressed an interest in even greater granularity, I think substacks are
> probably enough for a good many people.  If this tool was enhanced to do
> that it could be used by nearly everyone, regardless of how their stacks are
> architected.

If I understand your question, this is inherently built in since one
accesses stacks through MC.  Are the substacks posted not enough granularity
for you?

> As for the simultaneous login issue, I think that one's easy to get around
> by having a CGI that creates a file while it's working and deletes it before
> exiting.  This way any second instance can check for the file with polling
> at some reasonably small interval until the file is gone.

Maybe I'm missing something but the system I set up already does this: grab
a stack and it is marked as unavailable to anyone who attempts to grab that
stack from the server.  No CGI needed (unless we suddenly get hundreds of
interested folks all vying for stack access at the same time).

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design