Open Source Licence (LGPL or GPL)

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Sep 11 21:35:00 EDT 2003

David Bovill wrote:

>Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>>That would be ideal.  I'm glad he's looking into it; the first two times I
>>asked him he said it vouldn't be done, but it's so common with most hosting
>>services it seemed reasonable to ask.  Hope it works out.
>>
>>If we can use that section of his server for FTP space, wouldn't we be able
>>to put the project page there?
>
>Don't think we are talking about ftp space on his server - rather
>pointing a subdomain to the site I've offered to set up and Ray
>Miller has kindly offered to contribute towards the costs of.

That is how I read that as well. Furthermore, I am not sure anymore
that this is such a good idea after all, even though distributing
over mc site was the first thing that came to my mind. Since MC as
corporation continues to function and remains a commercial entity, it
may be a good to separate the open source effort more explicitely to
avoid ambiguities. A link from MC's site as well as a link from Rev's
should work well enough to give us visibility. May be we should even
make another step and come up with a new name for this "product".

Robert Brenstein