plug-in architecture (was : MC IDE's home)

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Tue Sep 9 15:58:00 EDT 2003

Richard,

> jbv wrote:
>
> > could someone be kind enough to explain to me briefly how does
> > this plugin arch. work in Rev ?
>
> Basically it's just a menu built dynamically to provide quick access to
> stack files in a "Plugins" folder.  Rev builds its menu at startup, but my
> own plugins menu works so fast being built on mouseDown that I've grown fond
> of the convenience of not having to quit MC to have new additions appear in
> the menu.

I see. I don't know why, but I was expecting some sophisticated concept...
Thanks for the explanation anyway.

One last question : could we also drop standalones into that "Plugins"
folder ? I don't see any specific reason to do that right now, I'm just
wondering if that would be feasable...

Thanks again,
JB