Open Source Licence (LGPL or GPL)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 9 15:56:01 EDT 2003

Ray G. Miller wrote:

> If the new and improved "MC IDE" is created and implemented as
> envisioned, then Rev will probably include it as an alternative "IDE".
> This would be the best of both possible worlds.

They might, but rather than increase the size of the download I suspect such
support to be merely a link from Rev's site to the (soon to be) IDE page at
metacard.com.  While we may be enamored of MC, one persom's "simple" is
another's "spartan", and you can tell new customers a million times that
something is unsupported, but telling them a million times eats time and
resources. ;)

Tuviah seems supportive of the effort, recognizing the usefulness of
maintaining the IDE as a test bed for the engine.  But beyond that, with Rev
making continual improvements to the main product IDE, I'm guessing their
interest in the MC IDE would likely be minimal.