MC IDE's home

David Bovill david at anon.nu
Mon Sep 8 18:29:00 EDT 2003

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I asked Scott if we could have an FTP account set up for the IDE project at
> metacard.com.  While that won't work, he suggested setting the project up at
> SourceForge.net.  In accordance with his wishes, I'll set up the project's
> home there as soon as we get a copy of mctools.mc with an updated About box
> to reflect the new Open Source license.  At this time I do not know which
> Open source license he'll choose.

Bit puzzled having tried to persuade you over this a couple of weeks
back? As you know there is an unused SourceForge project which i set up
for this purpose over a year ago. It's free, set up and open - that is
it's not *my* project - it is a SourceForge hosted open source project.

Scott will have to use the LGPL licence I think, which is what the
current project is set up for. I can help with advice, on how to use the
Sourceforge account for anyone interested in contributing.

I also vote for Richard if he wants to put in the work. I am happy to
put in as much work needed on this project as it is very close to my
heart and my current work.