Retrieving Disk Serial Number-international update

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Mon Sep 8 03:35:00 EDT 2003

Hi, I know many of you are using Ken Ray's excellent scripts. If you are using the script for retrieving a disk's unique serial number--for registration purposes, for example-- please be aware that it probably won't work on non-english systems (in my case japanese).

His script uses  MatchText("This disks's serial number is"...

(apologies, i'm not at my regular computer now so I can't paste the exact script)

The trouble is on non-english systems you will never match that text.

I found the info on line 2 of the returned string and extracted it from there by checking for numbers in the string.

cheers
tom mccarthy