Using the Rev 2.1 engine

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Sep 5 02:12:01 EDT 2003

On 9/5/03 12:35 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> It works here.  While it's a smart solution, it's a dumb problem, leaving up
> with a mismatched plist file as well until we dig on and take care of that
> as well.

Mismatched? Once the Revolution engine is renamed to "MetaCard" it
should match the plist in the MC folder, yes?

> Why wouldn't the revolution.app simply work renamed as MetaCard?  Or better,
> why should the engine for any platform need to be renamed at all?

I'm just guessing, but I think if the engine is named "Revolution" then
it looks for all the Rev support files. If it is named "MetaCard", it
doesn't. I can't remember why I think this, but it sounds like something
I may have heard somewhere.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com