Using the Rev 2.1 engine

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Sep 5 01:05:01 EDT 2003

On 9/4/03 10:46 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I'm on Mac OS X and ready to use Rev 2.1 with the MC IDE.  I copy the Rev
> app to my MC folder and double-click it - and it "unexpectedly quit".
>
> What is needed to use the latest engine with the MC IDE?

Make a copy of the entire OS X MetaCard distribution folder. Then:

1. Control-click the Rev app and choose "show package contents" from the
contextual menu. Open folder: Contents/MacOS/
2. Control-click the Revolution file in there and choose "Copy
Revolution" from the menu.
3. Open the copy of the MetaCard folder. Control-click the MetaCard app
and go into Contents/MacOS/
4. Delete the MetaCard file
5. Control-click in the empty folder and choose "Paste item" from the menu.
6. Rename the new copy of Revolution to "MetaCard". Close all the folders.

Back now in the main MetaCard distribution folder, double-click the new
MetaCard app. It should launch, though you'll get a message about a
mismatched tools stack. Bring up the message box and type:

   set the mcversion of stack "MetaCard Menu Bar" to "2.5.1"
   save stack "MetaCard Menu Bar"

Resetting the mcversion of the tools stack allows the Help menu to work
and avoids the error message when the Home stack opens.

That does it for me. Scott Rossi said he couldn't get it to work though.
I don't know if he ever solved it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com