Getting MC CGI to work on OS X with "Web Sharing" turned on

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Sat Oct 18 04:49:07 EDT 2003

> The cgi-bin "alias" is for the whole domain. If you want separate
> cgi-bin folders for each user account, you'll need to edit the Apache
> config file (/etc/httpd/httpd.conf). Don't ask me how.

Check out this section to set specific options for user directories:

#<Directory /home/*/Sites>
#    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
#    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
#        Order allow,deny
#        Allow from all
#    </Limit>
#    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
#        Order deny,allow
#        Deny from all
#    </LimitExcept>
#</Directory>

Just uncomment and modify, I would try adding "ExecCGI" to the list of
options.

You'll have to cruise to apache.org if you want documentation on all of
the options...

HTH

Brian