Getting MC CGI to work on OS X with "Web Sharing" turned on

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Oct 18 01:39:48 EDT 2003

> > 3) I created a "cgi-bin" directory in the Sites folder to
> hold my CGI.
>
> I think this is where you went off track. The Darwin "mc" app
> and your
> cgi "mt" files should be in
> "/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/" at the
> system level, not the user level.
>

> Then in your user Sites folder, you can put html files that reference
> the cgi if you like. But the cgi itself has to be run by the system.
> (BTW, you can refer to the "CGI-Executables" folder as
> "cgi-bin" in your
> html files, and it still works. The OS treats the terms as
> interchangeable.)

Ok, I put them there (both the "mc" app and my "simple.cgi" file (I'm
using .cgi instead of .mt)), but when I attempt to call on the cgi
directly from the address bar of safari by typing:

http://192.168.1.100/~kenray/cgi-bin/simple.cgi

I get a "Not Found" page saying that "the requested URL is not found on
the server.

What am I missing?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software