No subject

Thu Oct 16 04:16:34 EDT 2003

File addressing in MetaCard uses the current directory.  At startup this is
set to the directory containing the running application: MetaCard when in
the integrated development environment (IDE), and the standalone when
running from that.

You can change the current directory by using:

    set the directory to <path>

where <path> is any valid directory, expressed in UNIX path form (using the
"/" delimiter), and can optionally end in "/".

I like to use a function to determine my app's path that will work in both
the IDE and also as a standalone.  If that approach will help your
circumstance, you can use something like this:

 function AppPath
   put the filename of <mainstackName> into tPath
   set the delimiter to "/"
   delete last item of tPath
   return tPath &"/"
 end AppPath

While the trailing slash is not needed, I add it as a convenience when
concatenating other paths:

  open stack AppPath()&"MyOtherStack.mc"

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms