URL exists?

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Sat Nov 8 16:49:56 EST 2003

On Friday, November 7, 2003, at 03:09 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Shari wrote:
>
>> My fella keeps trying to talk me into getting DSL, but we're in
>> disagreement on who spends the extra to get it ;-)
>
> It'll change your life.  I'd give up cable TV in a heartbeat if it
> were a
> tradeoff between that and broadband.  As a software professional the
> time
> save uploading and downloading will likely pay for itself month after
> month.

Wholeheartedly agree.  It really will change your life - get rid of
*some*thing to get broadband.  I may even say get a cable modem instead
of DSL, though sometimes cable modem uploads are capped somewhat low.

Has anyone figured out a way ever to check if there's an internet
connection in MetaCard?
I'm still on 2.4.3 - maybe a newer version has this check in it, I'm
not really sure.  I'm going to read through these archives and the
Revolution archives to see if anyone's made headways in this.

Thanks,
Karl