RTF Format

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu May 22 14:16:00 EDT 2003

Really, Dan? I'm not getting that here. I created a simple stack with
the following lines in a field:

This is a test of Verdana
This is a test of Palatino
This is a test of Verdana
This is a test of Palatino

I formatted them accordingly; the first two were in the default size (14
pt according to MC), and the second two were set to 17 pt (according to
MC).

Made a button with this script:

on mouseUp
  ask file "Save rtf as:"
  if it <> "" then
    put the rtfText of fld 1 into url ("file:" & it)
  end if
end mouseUp

Ran it, and double-clicked the resulting RTF file on the desktop of my
Mac (OS 10.2.5) and it opened TextEdit with the text formatted properly
(although TextEdit said the font sizes were 12 and 13 pt respectively -
something MC needs to fix). But at least the font came through
properly...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com