Blocks

MisterX x at monsieurx.com
Wed May 21 01:10:01 EDT 2003

Hi everyone,

> > From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>

> > > go decompress(url
> ("http://www.hyperactivesw.com/revnet/blocks.mc.gz"))

I was really surprised by the cool combo of commands to run
web stacks! That's for sure.

But I was really surprised that using the compress
function to prepare stacks for the web just didn't work.

Doing some tests, I found out that loading using  the url
function is part of the problem.

- Compress url filex into url filey -- assume the extensions, etc...
and decompress url filey into filez ...
will return different files (filex <> filez)

with some experimentation I found out that the url loading
is the culprit: it is not the same a "open file filex for binary reading".
but rather the default (not binary meaning there's some translation of
linefeeds in the process).

When I used the binary open/read/close file, the x and z files where
the same size and even the the same md5digest result!

 put md5digest(url ("file:"&fld "compress")) into a
 put md5digest(url ("file:"&fld "decompress")) into b

BUT the file still couldn't be opened...

get binarydecode("H*",md5digest(url ("file:"&fld "compress")),a)
get binarydecode("H*",md5digest(url ("file:"&fld "decompress")),b)

comparing again a and b now says that the file is not OK!

Using the binary open/read/close file still didn't help...

Can anyone enlighten me? Where is the problem???

Cheers
Xavier