Random of zero

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Wed May 14 12:59:01 EDT 2003

>  >> There are several little niggly things in programming that
>violate, say, the
>  >> algebraic order of operations.

I've gotten in the habit of parenthizing all but the simplest
equation.  I've discovered that the result is more likely to be what
I want, that way.  Anytime I have an "if" statement with and/or, I
ALWAYS parenthesize each segment, including segments within segments.
Be it mathematical, or just a series of if/and/or statements.  Safer
that way :-)

This may not be relevant to your -2^4 example.  But something else I
do might be.

Don't ask me to recall the why's and wherefore's, but I know that
I've resorted to the line:

put "-" before someNumber

Couldn't even tell you which program it's in, but I do vividly
remember doing it :-)

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--