running WSF

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed May 14 10:59:01 EDT 2003

> I haven't tested the lighter VBS version, but the WSF seems
> to work great as far back as Win95, or maybe wscript was
> installed by some app later -- hard to say, and while MSDN
> did note some compatibility with Win95 the description was
> too sparse to be of much help.

I found something that said that WSH was introduced with Win 98, but
that with an add-on it would work in Win 95.

http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0999/cutting/cutting0999.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script5
6/html/wsversion.asp

> I have it running as an external file; I was hoping to find a
> way to execute the script without writing the file.

It turns out you can run it from a command line which I'm sure you can
execute via shell():

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script5
6/html/wsruncscript.asp

Have fun!