Metacard for web applications

Sadhunathan Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Mon May 12 14:02:00 EDT 2003

| Hello everyone,
|
| I am starting to put a page together which will sumarise the current
| approaches to using Metacard for creating "web applications."

	Sounds like a good thing to do

| You can find the start of the page at:
| http://radio.weblogs.com/0114573/categories/mc/metacardwebapps.html

	seems to be nothing there yet

| I'd be interested in an example script showing how to add binary data
| to a postgreSQL database via database, eg user fills out form on web
| page, attaches a file and submits.  MC CGI stack receives data, adds
| file to database.

	Fair enough, I haven't tried binary data but could probably
	figure it out for you .. however, why would you put a binary
	file - a form result - in a database?  Seems like the idea
	would be to take each field in the form and put into a
	corresponding field in the data base so you could actually use
	SQL on the data without having to translate it every time?????

	Images or sound bytes etc, would be good for a blob type but
	form data?  Hmmmm.....