Images and printing....

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat May 10 16:35:00 EDT 2003

David,

> Also is there any way to get the size / resolution information stored with
> images so that they can be resized when placing them in MC - MC
> imports them
> all at a size corresponding to 72dpi which can make pretty large images if
> they were stored at 300 dpi or above.>

You can check the cookbook of the lastest RR candidate for
"Recipe for getting the dimensions of a picture file"

which states:

function imageFileDimensions theFilePath
  lock screen -- so user doesn't see the following shenanigans
  lock error dialogs -- prevent error window if import fails
  import paint from file theFilePath -- creates a new image
  unlock error dialogs
  put the width of last image into myWidth
  put the height of last image into myHeight
  delete last image -- get rid of image we created
  unlock screen
  return myWidth,myHeight
end imageFileDimensions

on errorDialog -- executed if the import causes a script error
  beep
  answer "There was a problem accessing the file data."\
      & return & return & \
      "Picture files must be in one of the following formats:"
      & return & \
      "PNG, JPEG, GIF, PICT, BMP, XWD/XBM/XPM, or PBM/PGM/PPM."
end errorDialog

best,

Chipp