modems in OSX

tech at paynesparkman.com tech at paynesparkman.com
Fri May 9 09:38:00 EDT 2003

This is what I've been doing with success on pre-OSX OSs.  It does not work on an external USB modem connected to a G4 running OS 9.1.  I assume this is because the
external USB modem is referred to by a specific name provided by its driver rather then "MODEM".  Since the iBook has an internal USB modem, I'm wondering if I have the
same problem and that I've hit a dead end since MetaCard doesn't support  USB.  The article I cited gave me hope because it says that the OSX modem driver works the
same regardless of the hardware.  Any other suggestions?

Rich mooney
Payne Sparkman Mfg.
http:\\www.paynesparkman.com