CGI question

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Thu May 8 16:46:06 EDT 2003

xbury.cs at clearstream.com a écrit :

> What about method 4?
> I haven't tried but it would have been my first test...
>
> Put the data into a stack called datastack, another indexstack has the
> info's location in that stack to speed up access, then pull the info faster
> from the datastack?
> No big memory hog normally - unless MC does read the stack in memory for
> each query for each session...
>
> Can anyone enlighten me here?
>
> <see previous msg with same title>

- snip -

Allo Xavier,

I don't have any experience about running stacks as databases backend
under MC (even if this way was realy too slow under HC, ex.: Heizer
LiveCard) but this way can only be slower than loading flat-files
directly in globals vars or arrays, possibly splitten in multiples
subvars if needed.

--
Cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis.
Applications et bases de données WEB et VPN
Qualifier et produire l'avantage compétitif