Another option for an MC plugin

eric.allen.engle at justice.com eric.allen.engle at justice.com
Thu May 8 16:36:01 EDT 2003

Obviously I would *LOVE* to be able to convert a stack
into .SWF or .MOV

I actually have a hypercard stack that converts a stack
into a movie. It uses an XCMD from a guy named Udi (if
I recall properly). He is Japanese, speaks only a
little english. But his XCMD for hypercard works
brilliantly.

The reason I would prefer being able to use my browser
to browse a stack is because I can control the content
say with the command line or a palette. Though I do
think being able to convert a stack into .SWF or .MOV
is the right direction for MC/RR to move towards.

> Making a plugin woud satisfy a marketing bullet point,
> but in a way that
> would rarely be used in practice.  Generating SWF
> satisfies that bullet
> point in a much more efective way, and rather than
> competing in the plugin
> wars with Macromedia they would instead become a
> comarketing force for it.
>
> What are the downsides?

The only downside that I see is that flash is used so
often for advertising that I have one browser
specifically configured without the flash plugin (if
the plugin is actually something I want to see I switch
to my other browser which has the plugin).