Selecting an application

Yennie at aol.com Yennie at aol.com
Wed May 7 21:31:03 EDT 2003

I agree- using the "file" command does seem like a most useful tool for this
task.
But on the same token, do you really want to return the mach_kernel as an
"application"? Also checking the executable bit would keep your users from
seeing that.

I guess it all depends on what exactly you are trying to accomplish, we could
go in circles on this one without that detail!

Brian

> But there is a way to get at "application-style" executables, and that is
> by using the "file" command, though the exact output will be somewhat
> architecture dependent.

Brian Yennie
Chief Technology Officer
QLD Learning, LLC