mpeg restarting problems

Vikram Singh vikramsingh at mailandnews.com
Wed May 7 04:08:01 EDT 2003

I have faced similar problems with Quicktime 5 on Windows. This bug is
documented in the Metacard Readme.

However, using Quicktime 6 and simple scripted start stop buttons (in a sort
of customised video control bar), haven't faced the problem since.

on mousedown
start player 1
end mousedown

etc...

Try avoiding the the mouseup handler to make the action appear quicker.

Regards
Vikram