OT PDF's

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Mon May 5 08:44:07 EDT 2003

>I like PDF's. I really do. Unfortunately PDF's are just like any
>other digital document some of them are good and some of them are
>bad. I really think that it depends entirely on how the PDF is made.
>Just as Word makes a bad job of document creation (cf page layout
>programs like Indesign) Word makes a bad job of PDF's. Making "good"
>PDF's actually takes a little bit of effort and you need to know
>what you are doing. Unfortunately many people never get the hang of
>this including some who should know better. For example I downloaded
>a PDF from Adobe's site the other day that was around 450 K for a
>two page, text only document! Adobe should be doing better than that.
>
>Michael

I've noticed lately that people are sending me screen shots in PDF
format, rather than PICT or SimpleText or JPG or whatever.  And I've
never been able to open one of the PDF screen shots.

I am curious, does OSX take screen shots in PDF format as the norm?
Or is it a user preference?

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--