Web programming tools

Mark Lacy mlacy at lpsoftware.com
Sat May 3 16:24:00 EDT 2003

I would love to hear more about the reasons for peoples preferences on the
list.

At 10:11 AM 5/3/2003 -0700, Geoff Canyon wrote:
>This isn't off-topic for me; I vote for on the list.
>
>On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 09:15 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>>I'd be interested in how they expressed their preference, what reasons they
>>gave for using one over another.  Offline is good if it's too OT to post
>>here.  Whether rational or not, their perceptions are critical to
>>understanding how to manage expectations as adroitly as we manage Internet
>>protocols.

Also, Thanks everyone for the insights so far regarding web programming
tools. They have been more helpful than you can imagine. All who have
responded so far to this thread have given me a lot of ideas to explore and
some concrete information on the trade-offs. I am, as always, in awe of the
knowledge base in the minds of the members of this list. Thank you for sharing.

I will continue to look forward to any further suggestions and ideas that
are sparked by this discussion.

Mark

Mark Lacy
LetterPress Software, Inc.