Web programming tools

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri May 2 01:21:00 EDT 2003

> > You had better stay away from J2EE then. The general principle
> there is to
> > separate into as many components as possible (HTML, JSP, Servlet, Class
> > files, JavaBeans, Session EJBs, Entity EJBs).
>
> AFAIC, I'll never sell snake-oil. From what you describe J2EE is more
> politics then programming;-).

Well I'm sure it's great for massive projects. It's much easier to work on
lots of little files with well defined interfaces when you are in a team
environment. There are only two other good things about Java:
 - the amount of documented free code
 - object orientation

For a single person or very small team I can't imagine there being a better
CGI engine than MC. Try getting PHP to do this:

put url "file:data.txt" into tData
delete line tDelete of tData
put tData into url "file:data.txt"

I tried. I had to split the file into an array. Put index 0 into the deleted
index then shift the array down 1 index. Then implode the array, then write
the file, then truncate the file.

Cheers

Monte