Two Interesting Points

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Mon Mar 31 22:00:01 EST 2003

Here are a couple of interesting things I've recently noticed.  I just
thought I'd post them if anyone's interested in discussing them.

1)  When moving a stack from a Mac to Windows all bullet characters in
custom properties get replaced with another character.  I'm not sure what
the name of it is, but its a capital Y with two short horizontal lines
across the bottoms.  The work around is easy:

replace "¥" with "€" in myText

But I wonder why this happens.

2)  The following script works as intended on a Mac, but on Windows it blows
past the first dialog window and into the modal which shouldn't appear until
after the first dialog is dismissed.

on myTest
   answer "Do what" with "Cancel" or "Thing One" or "Thing Two"
   if it = "Cancel" then exit myTest
   if it = "Thing One" then
      -- do some stuff
   else
      modal "Another Stack"
   end if
end myTest

The work around I've found for this is to be more specific on the 'else'
line.  In this example I would put:

   else if it = "Thing Two"

Then the script works fine on both platforms.

Ray Horsley
Developer, LinkIt! Software