Bug Report 2.5b6

eric.allen.engle at justice.com eric.allen.engle at justice.com
Sat Mar 29 10:25:01 EST 2003

Sorry to say the MC 2.5b6 does not import pop up
buttons from hypercard properly.

These are buttons with "contents", of style "Popup".
The buttons import, the scripts import, but the
contents do not.

At first I thought this was just an incompatibility or
a failure to compact my stack before importing. Nope.
Further, I checked it in 2.4.3 - in 2.4.3 the contents
of popup buttons imported from hypercard are retained.

So, it's a bug.

A temporary workaround, which I will try, is to import
the stack from MC 2.4.3 and then use it in 2.5. I see
no reason why that would not work.

On a brighter note, the styled text in 2.5b6 works
wonderfully! All accented characters which I tested
(lower case accent grave, aigu, circonflex, and es-zet)
worked fine, even when mixed with italics and export
properly as RTF. Colors do not though, but presume that
is not a bug.

Now that we have a firewall I am going to see about
getting the metacard internet browser running through a
proxy. No promises though.

My Home Page with free online legal information
Page perso avec liens juridiques

http://www.lexnet.bravepages.com/ind.htm