Comm Server

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 14:53:01 EST 2003

>> Has anyone built a metacard based comm server?
>> Something akin to IRC that has multiple rooms
>> etc?  I'm interested in setting something like
>> this up for myself.

> Shao Sean has one. Not sure if he is still working
> on it.

What about the MC-based Jabber client that OPN started
many months ago. Jabber, as you probably already know,
is a *gateway* to several IRC/chat systems which also
manage your *presence*. Moreover, underneath the
"hood" of Jabber, there's a solid architecture based
on XML, for messaging as well as [meta-]data
structures.

OPN was/is : David Bovill, MisterX, Monte Goulding,
and myself, albeit I didn't contribute *directly* to
the development of this particular Jabber-client
stack.

Just a thought,

Alain Farmer